Our team of IT services can monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks of organizations. We may install and configure computer systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems, either over the phone, live chat or in person.
Depending on the size of the organisation, a technical support officer’s role may span one or more areas of expertise.
Organisations increasingly rely on computer systems in all areas of their operations and decision-making processes. It’s therefore crucial to ensure the correct running and maintenance of the IT systems.
Other job titles of IT services including:
- applications support specialists;
- help desk operators;
- maintenance engineers;
Responsibilities of IT services team
- installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
- monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- talking staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues;
- troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults;
- replacing parts as required;
- providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
- supporting the roll-out of new applications;
- setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
- responding within agreed time limits to call-outs;
- working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate);
- prioritising and managing many open cases at one time;
- rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, such as software developers;
- testing and evaluating new technology;
- conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment.